Precision Dental Laboratories has expanded our digital service capabilities with four outstanding options. Whether you need a single coping, long span bridgework, full crowns or custom implant abutments, Precision Dental can create a restoration that exhibits exceptional marginal integrity and beautiful aesthetics. Choose the scanning system that works best for you and send your files to Precision Dental to experience the benefits of digital dentistry:
- Increased Accuracy
- Faster Turnaround
- Cost Efficiency
- Increased Patient Comfort
3SHAPE TRIOS and D2000
The 3Shape TRIOS® digital impression solution is a portable and versatile scanning system, supporting optimal design and treatment. 3Shape Communicate™ opens a new world of collaboration between dentists, surgeons, and Precision Dental Laboratories. Easy and ﬂexible sharing of scans and designs enhances eﬃciency, relationships, and ﬁnal treatment results.
Precision Dental Labs has added the powerful 3Shape D2000 for all-in-one lab scanning.
The D2000 features:
- 4 x 5 MP cameras, Blue LED Multi-line
- Accuracy: 5 μm (ISO) / 8 μm (Implant bar)
- Die scan time: 15 sec
- Full arch scan time: 25 sec
- Color texture scanning
- No need for separate die scan
- All-in-one scanning: room for 2 models
3Shape TRIOS® allows you to scan a patient’s mouth in your office and then send the images to Precision Dental Laboratories for designing and milling of a perfect restoration. 3Shape TRIOS® is a three-in-one digital impression solution: It’s an intraoral scanner for fast and easy 3D color impression taking; an integrated intraoral camera; and TRIOS® performs shade measurement while you scan.
TRIOS® supports a wide range of dental indications to give you more treatment options. Verified 3Shape CAD/CAM workflows for each specific indication ensure optimal accuracy, ease of use and outstanding clinical results.
LOGIN TO 3SHAPE COMMUNICATE
AND SEND US YOUR CASE TODAY
3M TRUE DEFINITION
Precision Dental Laboratories can accept your 3M True Definition scans, resulting in precise restorations. The 3M™ True Definition Scanner is accurate enough for your most challenging cases—long-span bridges, multi-unit restorations and full-arch dentistry—where there is little tolerance for distortion or error.
3M™ True Definition Scanner impressions have a clinically proven fit rate of 99.7%
These precisely fitting restorations eliminate the need for retakes, remakes and adjustments which means:
- Faster seating times and fewer return visits associated with remakes
- Lower material and labor costs
- Improved patient convenience, satisfaction and loyalty
The 3M™ True Definition Scanner has the smallest wand on the market for fast and easy scanning. The lightweight wand is ergonomically balanced and allows one-handed scanning from multiple positions.
LOGIN TO 3M CONNECTION CENTER
AND SEND US YOUR CASE TODAY
Digital technology ensures a more accurate impression from the start, designed to result in better-fitting restorations including crowns, bridges, veneers, inlays, onlays and implant abutments, from single units to full arches. The iTero intraoral scanner from Cadent is synonymous with high precision. Its parallel confocal imaging technology uses optical and laser scanning to achieve highly accurate images without powder or hovering. iTero delivers speed, reliability, intuitive operations and outstanding visualization capabilities, allowing you to communicate seamlessly with Precision Dental Laboratories’ CAD/CAM systems.
Dentist benefits of using the iTero system include:
- Excellent accuracy with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression prior to thorough set, or disinfection following set
- Onscreen visualization and real-time feedback, allowing for immediate adjustment to create the ideal impression the first time
- No impression mess to clean up
Patient Benefits include:
- A more comfortable impression experience
- Fewer repeat appointments
- Less time in the dental chair
- A better-fitting restoration
For Precision Dental Labs:
- A more accurate impression, essential for a good restoration
- Increased productivity by reducing costly re-impressions
- Contaminate-free model provides for technician peace of mind
Creating A Perfect Impression With iTero
- The Digital Prescription Form – Enter patient treatment information into the digital prescription form, which is used by Precision Dental Labs to fabricate the requested restoration. Prior to tooth preparation, the opposing dentition can be scanned by the dental assistant.
- Tooth Preparation and Tissue Management – As with any restorative procedure, tooth preparation and tissue management with Cadent iTero depends on sound biomechanical and macromechanical principles. The iTero scanner will precisely capture any preparation design of your choice.
- Scanning – Digital impressions with iTero begin with a single-use imaging shield to ensure maximum infection control for the patient and the office staff. The system will identify the tooth to be scanned and the angle at which to scan through voice and visual commands. Each individual scan is presented in color.
- Assimilation – The 3D virtual models of both arches are then previewed on the screen. This process takes less than 30 seconds. It is important to review the model with the patient present to ensure proper retraction allowed for a clear margin and the tooth reduction was adequate.
- Review – The scan can be evaluated from any desired viewing position using the software tools. The digital articulator allows you to review the occlusal clearance and make any modifications necessary on the prepared tooth or opposing arch. This simple step ensures that Precision Dental Labs has the appropriate reduction to deliver optimal aesthetics for the restoration type you prescribe.
- Transmit – The iTero digital impression system features a dedicated wireless internet connection. A simple mouse click sends the patient’s scan data to Precision Dental Laboratories.
Predictable Time Savings
The scanning process with iTero is intuitive and easy. The software guides you at each step with voice and visual prompts. A complete scan takes just 3-5 minutes - about the time required for conventional impression materials to set. And with no time devoted to preparing impression trays or cleaning up, the time savings are predictable. The accuracy of impressions made with iTero means that restorations require minimal adjustment, which delivers another source of predictable time savings.
iTero intraoral scans can enhance the accuracy and precision of your downstream restorative process while reinforcing your reputation as a state-of-the-art practice.
Precision Dental Laboratories recently added Sirona’s revolutionary new inEos X5 CAD/CAM scanner to our toolbox. This technological wonder reliably covers all digitization tasks in our lab. Featuring a robot arm, innovative model positioning, the latest extraoral scanning technology and an open interface, the 5-axis inEos X5 provides unrivalled precision at less than 12 microns and impressive depth of field, flexible handling, quick scanning times and a comprehensive application spectrum.
The X5’s automated operating concept has been programmed to ensure maximum efficiency for all scanning tasks and is augmented by a manual scanning option.
Sirona Cerec is the perfect platform for achieving well-defined designs and flawless production of your crowns, bridges and implants. Precision Dental can accept your scans via Sirona Connect, resulting in faster turnaround times for your most important cases.
The inEos X5 can be used by our lab to scan impressions and models of all or part of the jaw manually or automatically. The new operating concept increases flexibility for our technicians so that the scanning process can be optimally integrated into the workflow of the laboratory. While the manual scanning mode saves time for simpler operations, the fully automatic scanning mode increases efficiency with regard to extensive operations.
The scanning speed of the inEos X5 is impressive. The large image field allows the camera to capture four to five teeth per image and an entire jaw with a total of five images. This is how it digitizes one single crown in less than ten seconds, a three-unit bridge construction in only 30 seconds, and an entire jaw in less than one minute. A completely new optical system is used for the scan, which is based on the digital pattern projection. Accuracy of less than 12 microns and the camera’s autofocus guarantee high-quality screen data that is also suitable for procedures that require the highest degree of accuracy, such as the most demanding implant operations. Due to the camera’s greater depth of definition, the inEos X5 can also capture the entire jaw including the palate, which makes it possible to create a digital construction of model casting works.
With innovative five-axis technology including rotation arm and intelligent scan planning, the inEos X5 ensures quick, automatic positioning. This standardizes the images, eliminates user error and speeds up the imaging process.
Precision Dental Laboratories is pleased with the time-saving, robotic precision the Sirona inEos X5 gives us, and we are excited to be able to extend to you the advantages it offers.
LOGIN TO SIRONA CONNECT
AND SEND US YOUR CASE TODAY